Northern Colorado History Book List
This list is a work in progress. The number of history books that have been written about Northern Colorado is both impressive and somewhat astounding. This is by no means a fully comprehensive list. If there is a book that you know that that is missing here, please let me know. (That said, I’m just starting this list in 2022, so it’ll take awhile for me to even get all the books I already know about listed here.)
Books will be listed first be general region, starting with Larimer County as a whole and then moving generally from north to south. Use the Table of Contents to jump to a section if you don’t want to spend the day scrolling.
After organizing books (and maybe a few videos) by region, I’ll arrange them by author so that you can see all the local history works an author has written listed together. Some authors have written history that is broader than Northern Colorado. But as long as Northern Colorado history is included, I’ll include those books here.
Table of Contents
- Larimer County
- Virginia Dale – Upper Boxelder – Red Mountain Open Space – Soapstone Open Space – Pawnee Grasslands
- Red Feather Lakes – Livermore – Middle Boxelder – Buckeye – Owl Canyon – Wellington – Nunn – New Raymer
- Poudre Canyon – Bellvue – Laporte – Masonville
- Fort Collins
- Timnath, Windsor, Ault, Eaton
- Greeley – Evans
- Estes Park – Big Thompson Canyon
- Berthoud – Johnstown – Fort Morgan – Brush