The first Larimer County Veterans Memorial was constructed in May 1944. It was located in center island at 100 block of Laporte Avenue, next to North College Avenue.
Knowing who we are and where we came from is an important way to help people find commonalities that enable us to then move forward together. It gives us a common history that builds connection and understanding.
There is now a sense of wonder and contentment in this building now. The precious way the materials in this historic building have been treated breathes out onto everyone inside. And that care that the Grahams took in honoring this piece of history has given it wings that will carry it forward into our future.